Saturday, May 2, 2009

tick...tock...tick...tock (my heart beats)


















Tick...tock...tick...tock...

Are the sounds that woke me up this morning, I opened my eyes slowly and found myself staring at the ceiling, doing nothing , I started to feel the sun’s warmth running through my face and prevailing scent of the dried saliva on my pillow (hey look! Everyone does that!).

Fear grips my heart, terror claws on my stomach, I looked at my reflection on the mirror...I cried out to the gods; “why do I deserve this awful fate?” ‘tis the thirteenth day of March (Friday the thirteenth) and I have......a pimple.

I knew this day wouldn’t start as good as I thought it would be, and I knew this so called unfortunate situation I’m in will make it even worse. “Happiness is a state of mind” I told myself, if you think of being happy everything else follows. After a whilst of forgetting my misfortune my wild imagination started to bug me; scenes about Lord William Shakespeare’s Romeo & Juliet, talk about Juliet delivering her line;

“Romeo, oh Romeo, where forth out thy, oh Romeo”

With a zit on her face, that must’ve look really bothering and disgusting, so I lay flat on the floor thinking of temporarily leaving the world I’m in at the moment. Then, I felt something from the inside, it makes a certain rhythm a certain sound that seems to be very distinct to man, no , it wasn’t the clock’s sound, it was “lub-dub, lub-dub”...and slowly and slowly it became faster and faster, I quickly then stood up and felt my heart, “that was strange” I stated to myself.

I lay flat on the floor again, this time palm on my left chest and looked at the clock. I continued to feel my heart beat and looking at the clock...

I felt this emptiness, like, time is running up... this is a feeling I fear of enduring.

Then I realized...”what if, time is really running out for me? What should I do?” many questions started to enter my mind, questions that remained to be unanswered, questions that I’m sure of asking it again to myself but finding nothing for a solution.

“Tick...tock...tick...tock...”

The clock continued to make his sound, but I can’t hear nor feel my heart beat anymore, Is something wrong with me? Am I already dead? Is my time over?

Tick..tock...tick...tock...DING!(alarm)

I woke up on my bed...Good Morning!

Good thing It was just a dream....


No comments:

Post a Comment